InfoComm Development Centre (iDEC) provides the Data Centre facilities to UPM and has been certified to comply with ISO/IEC 27001:2013- Information Security Management System. Among the services that are provided by the UPM Data Centre are namely:
- Provide/Upgrade/Update operating system (Linux, Solaris and Windows)
- Maintain and monitor server stability
- Provide/Upgrade/Update security controls for operating systems against virus attacks, malicious software and intrusion.
- Backup for University's Main Systems (Student Information System (SMP), SAGA, eIHRAM and UPM Website.
- Perform minor repairs on server hardware and operating system.
- Provide server infrastructure (rack, network, generator, UPS and air conditioner)
- Install new servers (IP address and DNS)
- Provide inftrastructure for Disaster Recovery Centre
- Provide consultancy on server specifications and server space leasing.
For further information, please contact:
Data Centre Section
Updated:: 28/07/2017 [nazlina]