SERDANG, November 26, 2019: Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) under the supervision of the Office of Development and Asset Management (PPPA) is preparing a proposal for the 12th Malaysia Plan (RMK12) application. Responding to the challenges of implementing IR 4.0, the InfoComm Development Center (iDEC), UPM strives to provide supportive, applications and services that support and implement a smart campus. To ensure this is achieved, iDEC has submitted an application for the ICT Complex which is equipped with a Data Center, Key Network Center (NOC), auditorium, room and laboratory and testing center.
The provision of the UPM ICT Complex along with the latest Data Centers will have the following impact:
(a) Improving the quality of ICT services governance in support of teaching, learning, research and administration activities by:
- promoting the optimum shared services
- enhance the sharing of ICT resources on a regular and centralized basis
(b) Complete the ICT requirements and provide technology support to the community.
(c) Enhance the infrastructure for teaching and learning (R&D) activities by implementing:
- R&D through MOOC widely.
- Online learning centers with emphasis on information structure management and delivery of learning content, more user-friendly and easy-to-use teaching assessment.
- Online learning with a variety of courses offering video lectures and forums.
- Use of an interactive and conceptual Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) laboratory as a medium.
- Research on the latest R&D methodology.
(d) Become an institution that trains and prepares e-SPORTS talent not only to participate in competitive contests, but also to grow the workforce that will advance the e-SPORT industry
(e) Become the latest Promoter of ICT Technology (IR 4.0, IoT, AI) by:
- Provide the latest ICT technology facilities and resources for the public to gain relevant exposure, knowledge, and services.
- Increase opportunities for conducting ICT research activities.
(f) Optimize the use of services offered by UPM Data Center.
(g) Creating a Safer and Conducive Work Environment by promoting the following:
- A clean and safe work environment enhances the motivation for employees to work and directly contributes to the delivery of quality services to the community.
- Employees will be more positive in providing a better customer experience as well as providing greater customer satisfaction.